While there is a growing trend towards decorating kids' rooms, many parents still feel overwhelmed at the thought of redecorating. The décor team at Canadian Tire has put together some tips to help give your child's room a new look quickly and easily and at a price that won't blow the budget.
• A simple coat of paint can make all the difference. Depending on the child's personality or the atmosphere you are trying to create, you may want to choose soothing colours like a gentle pinkish mauve or calming green or spicy reds and dramatic blues to liven-up the room.
• Floor coverings are a great way to prevent children from slipping on hardwood floors and to protect the floor's finish. Available in fun patterns including giraffes, teddy bears, primary coloured blocks and planes and trains, Canadian Tire's selection of floor coverings are not only functional but add to the overall look and feel of the room.
• Window coverings that allow light to pass through, creating a soft halo of the color throughout the room, are ideal for kid's rooms.
• While lighting is necessary, it doesn't have to be boring. For a coordinated look, choose a table or wall lamp that complements the colour of the room and floor coverings. To save up to 25% on your electricity bill, choose an energy saving compact fluorescent lamp.
• By adding a light switch extension, kids can turn the lights on by themselves. Easy to install on almost any light switch, Kid-switch extensions glow in the dark as a night light and come in a variety of patterns that complement Kid-lamp table and wall lamps.
• Not confident in your ability to coordinate? Take the guesswork out and head to a store like Canadian Tire that offers matching floor coverings, window coverings, lights and ready-to-assemble furniture in a variety of patterns.
- News Canada
Submitted by: News Canada *
Return back to your last page ?