We at 'Single Parents Network want our Members' experiences in the SingleParentsNetwork.com to be enjoyable and useful.
Like any community, our community has certain rules of behavior that we all must adhere to as part of the community. Accordingly, by accessing the SingleParentsNetwork.com Network, you agree to observe the following
1. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or your parent or guardian must have authorized your Membership. Some communications to this site may be inappropriate for children.
2. You must protect your password. You should never, ever provide it to anyone online.
3. You must protect your own privacy. Never provide your telephone number, pager or street address to anyone online.
4. Choose a Member Name that is in good taste. By this we mean choose a
Member Name that is creative and fun, but not one that is vulgar, obscene or misrepresents you to our other Members. If you have selected a Member Name that is already taken or one that we deem inappropriate, we will reject your choice and ask you to make another selection.
5. No one at SingleParentsNetwork.com wishes to pre-screen or filter your communications to the site. Members expect each other to behave with consideration and mutual respect. If we learn of communications that may be
unlawful or harmful to other Members or to the site, or that impinge upon the rights of other SingleParentsNetwork.com Members or others (prohibited communications), we will take appropriate action. We may delete any communication that we deem to be spam or inappropriate and may send you a warning and/or terminate your Membership in the community.
6. Examples of prohibited communications include the following:
(a) abusive or hateful language, even if symbols are used instead of actual words;
(b) sexually explicit images or pointing to or referencing such images;
(c) personal attacks on other Members, including attacks on a Member's race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, weight, disabilities and other identifiable characteristics;
(d) disruptive behavior in
an online event including, but not limited to, scrolling (repeatedly hitting the return key or other key combination);
(e) spamming and other advertising; promotional materials or other forms of solicitation;
(f) harvesting names and email addresses from other Members without their permission; soliciting passwords from other Members;
(g) impersonating other Members, nonmembers, famous people and SingleParentsNetwork.com personnel;
(h) misrepresenting one's location -- some countries are "out of bounds" to the site because of local country laws or the export control laws of the United States;
(i) violating the law (remember our site is a public place accessible from around the world). Examples include:
I. Copying someone else's works or breaching a nondisclosure agreement is a violation of intellectual property rights;
II. Posting obscene or defamatory communications is likewise illegal and could result in criminal as well as civil liability;
III. Postings that misappropriate another
person's name or likeness, or invading a person's right to privacy, is against the law;
IV. Violating the U.S.'s or other countries' export control laws could result in fines and jail sentences;
V. Publications that are morally harmful to citizens, including juveniles, could be a violation of a country's local laws;
(j) viruses or other destructive or expropriating content;
(k) disparaging anyone's products and services;
(l) threatening violence;
(m) inciting hatred and violence against segments of the population (or minority group).